CEDAR email: JOB OPENING: Program Director Opportunity at NSF: Geospace Facilities

Wiltberger, Michael J mwiltber at nsf.gov
Mon Apr 9 09:56:51 MDT 2018

From: Michael Wiltberger (mwiltber at nsf.gov<http://nsf.gov/>)

John Meriwether’s dedicated service as Program Director for the Geospace Facilities will be coming to an end in June.  We are therefore looking for a new person to take on the challenges and opportunities of this essential position within the Geospace Section.  We are looking for experienced geospace scientist with expertise in both scientific leadership and observing facilities.  The ideal candidate will have an interest in community service and be excited about the opportunity to with the broad array of facilities that conduct cutting edge geospace science.  In return, the position offers a unique chance to experience the inner workings of federal research programs and to influence the future development of Geospace science at NSF.

We are seeking to fill this position with a career civil service appointment.  For more details about the job position please the full job description at

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495962200

Initial consideration for applications will begin on May 16, 2018.  Ideal start dates for applicants will be in July 1, 2018.

 For questions or further information please feel free to contact Michael Wiltberger (mwiltber at nsf.gov<mailto:mwiltber at nsf.gov>)