CEDAR email: Call for participation in second annual Python for Space Science workshop at CEDAR 2017

Burrell, Angeline angeline.burrell at utdallas.edu
Wed May 10 11:59:02 MDT 2017

Call for participation in the second annual Python for Space Science workshop at CEDAR 2017.

As we start preparing for the 2017 CEDAR workshop, we would like to invite you to participate in the two Python for Space Science workshop sessions.  We have structured the sessions to serve both the python-curious and dedicated programmers.

We will begin with a python tutorial, continue with interactive talks about different python tools developed for space science, and end with a panel discussion.

Snakes on a Spaceship: 2 Fast, 2 Furious hopes to build on the success of the 2016 CEDAR/GEM joint session and represent all space physics python tools.  If you are involved in the development of any of these toolkits, we would like to invite you to contact us so that we can include you in the session.

Information on the upcoming session can be found at: http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2017_Workshop:Python_for_Space_Science

Information on the previous session can be found at: http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2016_Workshop:Python_in_Space_Science

Best regards,
Angeline Burrell <agb07300 at utdallas.edu<http://utdallas.edu>>