CEDAR email: CEDAR GC: The High Latitude Geospace System: Frontiers in science and sensing (Tuesday 5/20, 1:30-3:30)

Semeter, Joshua L jls at bu.edu
Sat Jun 17 07:34:43 MDT 2017

This is the final year of our CEDAR Grand Challenge workshop on
The High Latitude Geospace System: Frontiers in science and sensing.<http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2017_Workshop:High_Latitude_System_Frontiers>
The session is Tuesday 5/20, 1:30-3:30pm, Crestone III & IV

In the spirit of the Quo Vadis report,<https://www2.hao.ucar.edu/sites/default/files/users/sheryls/QuoVadisWorkshopReport.pdf> we seek to generate discussion on next-generation infrastructure (facilities, sensors, models, experiments) needed to push our science forward, with particular focus on high-latitude phenomena and collaborative observations.   Our scheduled presenters represent a diversity of perspectives into this theme (radars, rockets, networks, modeling, satellites).
Please join us, and bring your comments!

Scheduled presenters (10 min each):
Josh Semeter (session overview, multi-scale geospace observatories)
Roger Varney  (RISR-N, RISR-C, and Sondrestrom as a multi-scale facility.)
Aaron Ridley (modeling ITM system dynamics)
Matthew Zettergren (local-scale high-latitude modeling)
Nithin Sivadas  (synergistic ground- and space-based studies of magnetotail dynamics)
Ryan McGranahan (Data assimilation)
Robert Gillies (RISR-SuperDARN studies of polar F-region dynamics)
Jiang Liu (SWARM-optical studies of auroral Omega bands)
Laila Anderson (comparative measurements of FACs at Mars and Earth)
Jim Clemmons (RENU2 results, and infrastructure for high-latitude rocket investigations)

On behalf of the conveners,
-Josh Semeter, Matt Zettergren