CEDAR email: IES2017 Call for Papers Deadline: 1 March 2017

Keith Groves keith.groves at bc.edu
Thu Jan 26 13:04:19 MST 2017

Call for Papers
15th International Ionospheric Effects Symposium
IES2017
9-11 May, 2017
“Bridging the gap between applications and research involving ionospheric
and space weather disciplines”

Dear IES Friends and Colleagues:

   IES2017 is scheduled for May 9-11, 2017 in Alexandria, Virginia, an
historic town near Washington DC and a fun and familiar venue to many. You
are cordially invited to submit an abstract to the organizers of IES2017.
The current deadline for receipt of abstracts is March 1, 2017. Submission
instructions and more information can be found on the web site
https://ies2017.bc.edu.

    We recognize that the time is short, but with the exciting new
activities in our field, the rapid expansion of GNSS constellations and
being on the cusp of new missions such as COSMIC-2, ICON and GOLD, there
has never been a more relevant time to meet as a community to review
progress, understand current issues and identify new opportunities for
research and investigation. And of course this year, through feedback and
discussions with peers, the IES meeting is a perfect opportunity to refine
and enhance work that you plan to share with a broader community at the
URSI GASS in August 2017.

    We sincerely hope to see you at IES2017 and look forward to continuing
the unparalleled success of this ionospheric community event. If you have
questions or need information not found on the website, please contact us
directly at IES2017 at bc.edu.

With best regards,

Keith Groves and Patricia Doherty
Institute for Scientific Research