CEDAR email: Faculty position at Clemson University

Gerald Lehmacher glehmac at g.clemson.edu
Mon Jan 23 08:25:13 MST 2017

From: Gerald Lehmacher, Clemson University
---

Assistant Professor - Atmospheric and Space Physics

The Department of Physics and Astronomy at Clemson University seeks candidates to fill a faculty position in our Atmospheric and Space Physics group at the tenure-track Assistant Professor or higher level to begin August 15, 2017. We seek candidates with a strong proven record in experimental work with emphasis on the Earth’s upper atmosphere and ionosphere. The atmospheric and space physics group within the department currently has strong research programs in rocket and ground-based observations, with technical support provided by the department’s instrument shop. Our research program also includes work in satellite diagnostics, modeling and big data, and we seek someone that can complement and enhance the research activities of the department.

The successful candidate will be expected to establish a vigorous externally funded research program, exhibit a record of substantive research, and a commitment to excellence in teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Required qualifications include a PhD in Physics, or closely related field.

Applications should be submitted via Interfolio (apply.interfolio.com/39806 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__apply.interfolio.com_39806&d=CwMFaQ&c=Ngd-ta5yRYsqeUsEDgxhcqsYYY1Xs5ogLxWPA_2Wlc4&r=LpXmlxVv2-U_lsCs-SA1ixurOs0_AHVLAnRCW6NQNew&m=Ml-HhloVBS-MHY3OX2WnroskoDA3eqEC81WH0IAOAAM&s=jsXkq7BGdKMnUELzRN5t3UwmhJeFHVzgDv978xvibM4&e=>) and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, publication list, statements of research interests and accomplishments, a research plan, a statement of teaching philosophy, and the names of at least three references. Applicant evaluations will begin on February 15, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Information about our research and educational programs can be found at physics.clemson.edu <http://physics.clemson.edu/>. For further information, please contact cuphysicsjob at clemson.edu <mailto:cuphysicsjob at clemson.edu>.

Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.

---

--
Gerald Lehmacher, PhD
Associate Professor