CEDAR email: The Birkeland Jubilee 2017

Pål Brekke paal.brekke at spacecentre.no
Wed Jan 11 23:39:08 MST 2017

The Birkeland Jubilee 2017

On 13-15th of June 2017 we are inviting you to several events in relation to the Kristian Birkeland Jubilee year.
In 2017, the legacy of the physicist Kristian Birkeland still stands solid – 150 years after his birth and 100 years after his death. The events will take place in Oslo. Norway.

We hope that you will find this series of events of interest and join us in celebrating Norway’s greatest scientists and innovator through the years. We are still working on the detailed program, which will include some excellent international speakers.

After the official program, on the 16th June,  we plan to organise a scientific Space Weather workshop with contributed talks. Feel free to contact the LOC for more information or to indicate your interest in attending. An official announcement  will appear in a few months.

http://www.mn.uio.no/english/about/news-and-events/events/birkeland-jubilee/index.html

Pål Brekke
LOC Representative

Dr. Pål Brekke  (paal.brekke at spacecentre.no)

Seniorrådgiver - Romforskning      //  Senior Advisor - Space Science
Norsk Romsenter  //  Norwegian Space Centre
Drammensvn 165, P.O. Box 113 Skøyen, N-0212 Oslo, Norway
Tel +47 22511800 (Direct: 827) Fax +47 22511801
Cell Phone: +47 9087 1961

http://www.romsenter.no ++ http://www.spacecentre.no