CEDAR email: UW EE Faculty Search

John D. Sahr jdsahr at uw.edu
Tue Oct 25 10:38:20 MDT 2016

Dear CEDAR community;

My Department plans to hire several faculty this year.  CEDAR is most
likely to interest my Department through item (3) below, "However, the
highest priority is to recruit exceptional candidates regardless of the
specific areas .."

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to inquire about opportunities in our
Department.

John

---------

 The Electrical Engineering Department at the University of
Washington invites applications for multiple positions at the level of
tenure-track assistant and associate professor in electrical and computer
engineering.

In particular, we are looking for outstanding candidates in the following
areas:

1) Power systems, power electronics, cyber-physical systems, IoT, smart and
connected communities.

2) Chip-scale integration of electronics and photonics, nanophotonics, and
devices made with novel optical materials. Candidates’ research should
address application-relevant technological requirements and device specific
performance parameters.

3) Advanced Wireless Network Platforms: Broadband Transceivers, Software
Defined Radios/Networking, Programmable Embedded Systems/Devices,
Convergence with Cloud Computing for 5G Architectures.

However, the highest priority is to recruit exceptional candidates
regardless of the specific areas listed above.

Information about the department can be found at http://www.ee.washington.
edu.

Applicants should possess a PhD degree, have demonstrated the ability to
perform high quality research and to teach both graduate and undergraduate
courses in the department. All successful candidates are expected to
establish a very strong research program, to supervise graduate
students and to engage in high quality teaching at all levels.

Please apply online at *http://www.ee.washington.edu/facsearch/
<http://www.ee.washington.edu/facsearch/>*, position number AA20671, with a
letter of application, complete curriculum vitae, statement of research and
teaching interests, three key papers, and the names of at least three
references. Applications received by January 1, 2017 will be given priority
consideration. Open positions are contingent on funding.

The University of Washington is building a culturally diverse faculty and
encourages applications from women and minority candidates. The University
of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
age, status as protected veterans, or status as qualified individuals with
disabilities

--
John D Sahr, Professor, Electrical Engineering - University of Washington
206 685 1793    jdsahr at uw.edu