CEDAR email: TIE-GCM Users Group Workshop at the CEDAR/GEM meeting

Stan Solomon stans at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 9 07:58:22 MDT 2016

We will have a TIE-GCM "users group" workshop at the CEDAR/GEM meeting
in Santa Fe, on Wednesday afternoon, June 22, at 1:30 pm.

This will be a discussion-oriented workshop, starting with a few
presentations on the Version 2.0 release, new features and diagnostics,
problems and challenges, etc.  Brief talks on new results, data
comparisons, validation studies, mechanisms, inputs, post-processing,
data assimilation, and other models, are welcome.  Please send me an
email if you'd like to present something.

We also want to allow ample time for questions, and invite comments
about model weaknesses or implementation difficulties.  We anticipate a
concluding discussion about future development priorities.

Here is the description as posted on the CEDAR wiki:

"This informal workshop is an opportunity for developers and users of
the NCAR Thermosphere-Ionosphere-Electrodynamics General Circulation
Model to discuss the new release of Version 2.0 (with high-resolution
capability), to ask questions both scientific and technical, and to
discuss problems, issues, validation, data comparison, and opportunities
for future development. Although initially tutorial in format,
discussion and debate are welcome, as are contributed talks describing
model-data comparisons, other global numerical modeling, global
empirical models, and using these models with data assimilation
techniques. We will also describe support for the upcoming NASA missions
ICON and GOLD, and new model capabilities being developed specifically
for interpreting these future observations."

Please plan to attend!

Stan

--

Stanley C. Solomon