CEDAR email: Last Call: Session on "Highly Transient Space Plasma Events" at URSI AT-RASC Gran Canaria, 18 - 22 May 2015,

Mathews John jdm9 at psu.edu
Sun Jan 11 14:44:11 MST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The extended abstract submission period for this meeting closes tomorrow. The call for papers and abstract submission site are found at http://www.at-rasc.com <http://www.at-rasc.com/>  We note in particular the H/G session on “Highly Transient Space Plasma Events” per below:
S-HG "Highly-Transient Space Plasma Events"
Co-Conveners and Co-Chairs: Guru Ganguli, Christine Hartzell, John Mathews
Description: This session includes the EM (e.g., EMP generation) and plasma as well as high energy density physics effects of hypervelocity impacts of space debris and meteoroids on spacecraft, the role of the micrometeoroid processes (e.g., sputtering, fragmentation, ablation) and flux on the upper atmosphere and ionosphere, and other related highly-transient phenomena. The session also includes topics addressing space situational awareness through direct detection of orbital debris using radar or telescope or indirect means based on charged debris interaction with the ambient plasma.
We urge you to attend this highly interdisciplinary meeting and to submit a paper/poster to this session.

With warm regards, John

John D. Mathews, Professor
 The Pennsylvania State University
 Radar Space Sciences Lab