CEDAR email: AOGS Session ST05 - Coupling Processes in the Atmosphere-Ionosphere System

Loren Chang loren at jupiter.ss.ncu.edu.tw
Tue Jan 6 08:58:12 MST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

As we all begin another year of pushing the boundaries in understanding the Sun-Earth system, we invite you to join us at Session ST05 (Coupling Processes in the Atmosphere-Ionosphere System) of the the 2015 Asia-Oceana Geosciencies Society in Singapore from August 2 - 7.

The whole atmosphere concept is the key for the next breakthrough in solar-terrestrial science. This session focuses on physical/chemical processes occurring in the Atmosphere-Ionosphere (A-I) system at all altitudes and latitudes for both scientific and operational purposes. Both quiet and disturbed states in response to lower atmospheric forcing or solar forcing are important for understanding the coupling processes in the A-I system. We invite presentations about observations with ground-based and/or space-borne instruments, theoretical studies, numerical simulations, and development of data analysis systems for various kinds of temporal and spatial variations in the A-I system.

For more information, please see the AOGS 2015 webpage at: http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2015 . Please note that abstract submission is now open till February 18.

Sincerely,

Huixin Liu, Kyushu University, Japan
Loren Chang, National Central University, Taiwan
Jiuhou Lei, University of Science and Technology of China, China