CEDAR email: JOB OPENING: Tenure Track Faculty Position in Engineering Physics Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FL

Barjatya, Aroh barjatya at erau.edu
Mon Feb 2 09:32:28 MST 2015

Tenure Track Faculty Position in Engineering Physics at Embry-Riddle
Aeronautical University, FL

The Department of Physical Sciences at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical
University Daytona Beach Campus invites applications for a Tenure-Track
faculty position emphasizing space- or ground-based instrumentation and
systems engineering in the areas of space, atmospheric, or astronomical
sciences. This 9-month tenure track position may be at any rank:
assistant through full professor.  Candidates must have a Ph.D. in any
related discipline and be available by August 15, 2015. The successful
candidate must demonstrate the ability to develop a productive and
vigorous externally-funded research program as well as the enthusiasm
and drive to teach and mentor both undergraduate and graduate students.

The Physical Sciences Department has about 35 faculty members. It is
home to one of the leading ABET-accredited undergraduate Engineering
Physics programs in the US, as well as growing BS Space Physics, BS
Astronomy & Astrophysics, MS Engineering Physics, and PhD Engineering
Physics programs.

Applications are under consideration now and the position will remain
open until filled.  Please submit applications online, including a cover
letter, full CV, statements of teaching philosophy and research
interests, as well as the names, telephone numbers and email addresses
of at least three professional references.  All materials should be
submitted through the link at: www.erau.edu/jobs , search for 'Tenure
Track' at location Daytona Beach.

Embry-Riddle is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Embry-Riddle is also committed to diversity and inclusion in higher
education. We continually strive to recognize, respect and celebrate the
differences and cultural identities among individuals as we recruit,
support, and embrace our diverse community. We work to provide a safe
environment where self-expression is welcome.  We strive to create a
campus climate free of discrimination so that networks, partnerships and
cultural competency continue to be fostered through leadership,
integrity, care and respect.

Inquiries may be addressed to:

Terry D. Oswalt, Ph.D.
Chair, Dept. Physical Sciences
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
600 Clyde Morris Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Office: (386) 226-7571
Fax: (386) 226-6621
terry.oswalt at erau.edu

Aroh Barjatya, PhD
Associate Professor of Engineering Physics
Physical Sciences Department
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
600. S Clyde Morris Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL 32114