CEDAR email: Department head position of Physics and Space Sciences at Florida Institute of Technology

Ningyu Liu nliu at fit.edu
Fri Sep 26 11:17:19 MDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

Attached please find an announcement for the department head position in the Physics and Space Sciences Department at Florida Institute of Technology. Please feel free to distribute it to anyone who may be interested. The announcement can also be found at this link: http://cos.fit.edu/pss/position-pss800.php.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Ningyu

--
Ningyu Liu, Associate Professor
Physics and Space Sciences Department
Florida Institute of Technology
348 Olin Physical Sciences Building
Melbourne, FL 32901

Email: nliu at fit.edu<mailto:nliu at fit.edu>
Phone: (321) 674-7348

Head, Department of Physics and Space Sciences - Florida Institute of Technology.
Position # PSS800

The College of Science at Florida Institute of Technology invites applications for the position of Head of the Department of Physics and Space Sciences. The appointment will be at the full professor level. We seek candidates who are world leaders in any of the fields currently researched by the Department. These include astrobiology, atmospheric physics, stellar and extragalactic astrophysics, high-energy physics, particle physics, planetary science, and space physics. We are especially interested in candidates with an international reputation for lightning physics. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and expanding our well funded research programs and productive research environment, our high quality teaching and learning environment, and our undergraduate and graduate enrollments through strong leadership and team building. The successful candidate will also organize and execute the 5- and 10-year strategic plans of the department, college and university, administer the research and teaching needs of students, research staff and faculty, oversee assessment of programs, and undertake any additional administrative duties that may be required by the Dean of the College of Science, especially those designed to enhance the national and international reputation of the department.

Florida Tech is located on the east coast of central Florida, just south of the Kennedy Space Center. Information about the department and its current research activities can be found at http://cos.fit.edu/pss/. Interested candidates should contact Dr. Daniel Batcheldor<mailto:dbatcheldor at fit.edu>, PSS Interim Department Head, or College of Science Dean Hamid Rassoul<mailto:rassoul at fit.edu>. To apply, email searchpss at fit.edu<mailto:searchpss at fit.edu> with the subject “Position # PSS800”. In a single PDF, provide a cover letter, CV, statement of research experience, statement of teaching experience, statement addressing your vision for the department, and the names and contact information for at least five references. Review of applications will begin on January 5, 2015; applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Florida Tech is an equal opportunity employer.