CEDAR email: 41st Annual European Meeting on Atmospheric Studies by Optical Methods

Jörg Gumbel gumbel at misu.su.se
Wed Apr 23 12:57:56 MDT 2014

41st Annual European Meeting on Atmospheric Studies by Optical Methods,

Stockholm, August 17-21, 2014

Second Announcement

From: Jorg Gumbel <gumbel at misu.su.se>

Website: www.opticalmeeting.se

Dear Colleagues,

The 41st Annual European Meeting on Atmospheric Studies by Optical Methods
("Optical Meeting") will take place in Stockholm, Sweden, on August 17-21,
2014.

Abstract submission is now open. Registration will open in May. The deadline
for both is June 15. (We are grateful for any preliminary abstracts that we
receive earlier than that.) We particularly encourage Ph.D. students to
participate in the Optical Meeting. Deadline for applications for student
support is May 31.

The meeting concerns optical studies at all atmospheric altitudes. Topics
include all aspects of optical science including ground-based, in-situ and
space-based observations, theory, new techniques, new experiments, etc. The
meeting will bring together scientists to exchange experience, share
scientific results, and plan and coordinate ongoing and future experiments.

We invite you to present and discuss optical science related to

- troposphere and stratosphere

- mesosphere, lower thermosphere and ionosphere

- aerosol and clouds

- airglow processes

- auroral studies

- ground-based, in-situ and space-based instruments

- analysis and laboratory techniques

- new facilities

As during earlier meetings, we plan an inter-calibration workshop for light
sources.

Further information on the meeting can be found on meeting website
www.opticalmeeting.se.