CEDAR email: 2014 SORCE Meeting, Key West, FL, Jan. 28-31 -- Call for Abstracts

Vanessa George Vanessa.George at lasp.colorado.edu
Wed Jul 31 11:02:41 MDT 2013

2014 SORCE Science Meeting - Call for Abstracts

"Variability in the Sun and Climate over the SORCE Mission"

January 28-31, 2014  *   Key West, Florida

http://lasp.colorado.edu/home/sorce/news-events/meetings/2014-sorce-science-meeting/

We are pleased to announce the 2014 Solar Radiation and Climate Experiment (SORCE) Science Meeting.  We will examine what we have learned in the past 11 years during the SORCE mission concerning variations in the Sun's radiation, as well as the Sun's influence on climate and global change.  Seven sessions will be organized around the following key questions:

*      How much have the TSI and SSI varied over the SORCE mission, starting near maximum for SC 23 and currently near maximum for cycle 24?

*      What has been learned from connecting the SORCE TSI and SSI measurements to the long-term TSI and SSI records?

*      What has been learned from comparing TSI and SSI measurements to solar proxies and irradiance model predictions?

*      How have Earth's atmosphere and climate changed over the SORCE mission?

*      What are the dominant processes and pathways for solar forcing in Earth's environment?

*      How have the extended cycle minimum in 2007-2009 and lower cycle 24 maximum affected climate differently than during the earlier SC 23?

*      How can these Sun-climate results be effectively applied for reconstructions to the past and for future climate change predictions?

*      What are the key science results and lessons learned from the SORCE mission?

*      How will the TSI, SSI, and Sun-climate records continue in the future?

The format for this meeting consists of invited and contributed presentations in six theme sessions.  We encourage your participation and hope that you will share this announcement with colleagues.

Deadlines:
Abstract:  Oct. 11, 2013
Pre-Registration:  Dec. 20, 2013
Hotel:  Dec. 20, 2013