CEDAR email: AGU Meeting of the Americas, SA02: Equatorial Ionospheric Electrodynamics and Disturbances, at Cancun, Mexico, 14-17 May 2013, abstract due 6 February

Huang, Chaosong Civ USAF AFMC AFRL/RVBXP Chaosong.Huang at kirtland.af.mil
Tue Jan 15 10:07:38 MST 2013

Dear colleagues,

We cordially invite you to submit an abstract to the special session
that we are organizing at the American Geophysical Union - Meeting of
the Americas to be held in Cancun, Mexico, 14-17 May 2013. Abstract
submission deadline is Wednesday, 6 February, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.

Meeting website: http://moa.agu.org/2013/

Session title: Equatorial Ionospheric Electrodynamics and Disturbances

Session description: The equatorial ionosphere behaves very differently
under different solar and geomagnetic conditions. This session focuses
on how the equatorial ionospheric plasma drift responds to magnetic
storms, what determines the generation of equatorial spread F and plasma
bubbles, how significantly seeding perturbations affect the generation
of plasma bubbles, how the occurrence of equatorial spread F depends on
longitude and solar activity, and how ionospheric scintillation is
correlated with spread F irregularities. We welcome observational and
simulation studies that address these topics and that aim to improve the
current capability of forecasting low-latitude ionospheric disturbances,
spread F irregularities, and scintillation activities.

Thank you.

Conveners

Chaosong Huang, AFRL, US

Endawoke Yizengaw, Boston College, US