CEDAR email: SME Symposium, Univ. of Colorado Boulder, Oct 6-7, 2012

Kathleen Cirbo Kathleen.Cirbo at lasp.colorado.edu
Wed Aug 24 10:32:23 MDT 2011

30th Anniversary of the Solar Mesosphere Explorer

The 30th Anniversary of the Solar Mesosphere Explorer Symposium will be held on Oct. 6-7, 2011 at the University of Colorado Boulder.

SME was launched thirty years ago and operated successfully for over seven years. It made major contributions to our understanding of atmospheric science with special emphasis on ozone processes, while preparing many students for their ultimate career.

This symposium will include science talks reviewing the knowledge gained from the SME observations and research, and student comments on the impact of their SME education. We also plan to have our partners at Ball Aerospace participate in technical discussions of the SME spacecraft and Mission Operations.

Please mark your calendars for October 6 and 7, 2011 and plan to join us if possible.

For more information or to register for this event, click on the link below.

Contact: Kathleen Cirbo (kathleen.cirbo at lasp.colorado.edu<mailto:kathleen.cirbo at lasp.colorado.edu>)

Additional information:

http://lasp.colorado.edu/home/?post_type=special-events&p=6197

Kathleen Cirbo
Center for Astrobiology
Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
University of Colorado at Boulder
1234 Innovation Dr.
Boulder, CO  80303
Phone: (303) 735-3800 Fax: (303) 492-6444
Email:  astrobio at lasp.colorado.edu<mailto:astrobio at lasp.colorado.edu>
           kathleen.cirbo at lasp.colorado.edu<mailto:kathleen.cirbo at lasp.colorado.edu>