[Wrf-users] Inviting you to the 8th Multicore Workshop, Sept. 18-19 at NCAR

John Michalakes michalak at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 27 08:51:20 MDT 2018

Dear WRF Community,

On behalf of the workshop organizing committee, I invite you to attend the
MultiCore 8 Workshop (MC8) to be held on September 18-19, 2018 at the
National Center for Atmospheric Research, Mesa Laboratory, Boulder, CO.

The workshop seeks to facilitate open discussion of applications of new high
performance computing technologies in the next generation of weather,
climate, and earth-system models. A description of the goals of the
workshop, past programs, and details on how to register can be found at:

<https://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/events/workshops/multicore-workshop/2018/2018-mu
lticore-8-workshop>
https://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/events/workshops/multicore-workshop/2018/2018-mul
ticore-8-workshop

We have two exciting keynote presenters and a program of 30 minute
presentations selected from attendee submissions as well as a poster
session. The deadline to submit a title and short abstract is July 31st
(next week) so please don't delay.

We hope to see student and early career attendees and can provide travel
support up to a set amount for a limited number of out-of-town
students/early-career presenters. Please forward this announcement if you
have an exceptional student in mind. Awards will be based on availability of
funds and merit of the submission as determined by the program committee.
Please have your nominee include your name in their submission as indicated
on the registration form.

We hope to see you at the workshop.

John Michalakes, for the rest of MC8 organizing committee:

Jed Brown (U. Colorado):  <mailto:jed.brown at colorado.edu>
jed.brown at colorado.edu

Ilene Carpenter (Cray Inc.):  <mailto:icarpenter at cray.com>
icarpenter at cray.com