[Wrf-users] Weired wrfout data: large discrete signals in the borders of land-sea areas

Hyeon-Kook hyeonkook at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 08:54:52 MDT 2018

Dear wrf users,

In the wrfout data for the period of October 2017, we observed obsecure
results in the border areas of land and sea areas.
Specifically large discreteness of signals for wrfoutput variables such as
T2 and Albedo.
Please see the attached including sample figures showing the spatial
distribution of T2 and Albedo along with specifics of our namelist.input
file for wrf running.

Is there anybody who know why this problem occur and how to solve this
problem?
It would be very much appreciated if anybody give me any comment to resolve
this problem.

Our simulation work use the following:

 (1) WRF model version 3.6.1

 (2) geo_data_res: 5m

 (3) grib data: 1° x 1° NCEP GRIB2 6 HOURLY FILES

Thank you inadvance for your time and help

HK

--
Science with Humanity!