[Wrf-users] WRF DOMAIN AND MAP FACTOR

Luciano Ritter nolascojr1465 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 21:18:02 MST 2017

Hi,

I am starting with WRF model and I have a quest about the domain resolution
(dx and dy).
In the manuals that i saw, they only specified that the dx and dy have to
be in meters in ARW mode. Ok. But, there is some multiple value of the
input data that we have to respect? For example, if I use GFS data with 1
degree of resolution, I must set dx and dy with 36 km? Some people that I
know said that I have to calculate dx=(input data resolution)/(3 or 5 or
6)... This is right?

I found some things about map_factor, but in the tests that I made, all the
resolutions set in dx and dy, the result is about 0.99999 and 1.002 or
1.009. They said that the map_factor should be about 1... But any
resolution that I set, stays very closely to 1, so I don't understand
that...

Can someone help me?

Sorry about my english problems, I am from Brazil and I am learning english.

Luciano Ritter