[Wrf-users] Problems performing unipost with limited input data

Marianne Blaschek mblaschek at ubimet.com
Thu Aug 10 01:16:02 MDT 2017

Hi all,

I am relatively new in using WRF and I am currently having troubles performing unipost on rainfall input data. WRF enables users to write out not only the standard wrfout files, but also for example a rainfall file every fifteen minutes. However, I am not able to use this 15min rainfall file as input for unipost. I get the error message that f.e.
Error:        -1021 QICE not found in
./RUN/wrf/rainfall_d01_2017-08-02_11:00:00

this is printed for all input variables apparently expected by unipost, except of course rainfall. I thought that if I adapt the wrf_cntrl.parm accordingly, it should work. Or does unipost always need all output parameters?

Many thanks for your help!
Best wishes
Marianne