[Wrf-users] Compile WRF with NETCDF4 option and ifort compiler

Rabah Hachelaf hachelaf at sca.uqam.ca
Wed Apr 19 16:50:36 MDT 2017

Hello WRF users,

Could any one tell me if he success to compile WRF with enabling NETCDF-4
option (*export NETCDF4=1*)  using ifort compiler. I followed instructions
reported in this link :
http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/wrfv3.5/building_netcdf4.html. All
libraries are build correctly, but when i try to compile WRF i get the
warning below.

Curiously when i use the default netcdf-4 (gnu-gfortran)  of my Centos 6.3
distribution, the compilation with this option (NETCDF-4) succeeds

Any suggestion or advice about this issue.

Thank you

Rabah

************************** W A R N I N G
************************************
NETCDF4 IO features are enabled, but this installation of NetCDF
  /home/rabah/wrf/WRFV3/netcdf_links
sounds like DO NOT support these IO features.

Please make sure NETCDF version is 4.1.3 or later and was built with
--enable-netcdf4

OR unset NETCDF4 variable
   bash/ksh : unset    NETCDF4
        csh : unsetenv NETCDF4