[Wrf-users] Subhourly to hourly wrfout

Nikhil Garg nikhilgarg.gju at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 17:38:47 MDT 2017

i think cdo doesnt work very well with wrfout files due to the way grid is
defined in wrf files. for the same thing you will have better luck with nco.

else you will have to somehow define the wrf files with the grid
information as expected by cdo

On 6 April 2017 at 06:14, claudiomet <claudiomet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings users!
>
> I have several wrfout files with a timestep of 30 minutes.
> How can I convert this wrfout files to hourly output files?
>
> Reading about this, some users are using CDO, I'm using
> "cdo timselmean,2 wrfout_infile wrfout_outfile"
>
> But CDO fails generating wrfout_outfile with no dates in the header with
> "Warning (define_all_grids) : Time varying grids unsupported, using grid
> at time step 1!"
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
>
> *Claudio Cortes N.*

Regards

Nikhil

When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does
not approximately determine the future - Edward Lorenz