[Wrf-users] Long-run Simulation

Mickias Kebede ws.micky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 10:26:48 MST 2017

Hello! Tabish,

Thank you very much for your email. Yes, I've used the model output from
NCAR to enforce my model (NCAR CESM Global Bias-Corrected CMIP5 Output to
Support WRF/MPAS Research) and I'm interested in simulating from 1970 to
2005 for the past and do the same in the mid-century. No need to do
ungrib in this case as the data is already in intermediate format and I've
downloaded the data for the entire time frame. My concern is, for that
one-year successful simulation I did, the size of wrfbody is about 20 GB
and I'm concerned how big it's going to be for the entire 30 years? I'm
wondering if there is a way to break the 30 years simulation into fewer
number of years such as three 10 years while I run the metgrid.exe and
real.exe?

Thank you very much again and any help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mickias,

​