[Wrf-users] mismatch_landmask_ivgtyp with ERA-Interim and WRF3.8.1

Andreas Hilboll hilboll+wrfusers at uni-bremen.de
Wed Oct 12 08:04:39 MDT 2016

Hi,

I'm new to using WRF and have some trouble getting it to work with
ERA-Interim data.  I'm using WRF 3.8.1.  I downloaded the pressure level
and surface data from ECMWF, and I also downloaded the static land-sea mask and
geopotential.

I then ran ungrib.exe twice, once for the static data and once for the
pressure and surface data, both times with the Vtable.ERA-interim.pl.  I
then added the ungrib.exe output for the static files as
"constants_name" in namelist.wps &metgrid section.  ungrib.exe and
metgrid.exe both work without complaining.

However, when I run real.exe, I get the error

    -------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
    FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:    2972
    mismatch_landmask_ivgtyp

I would very much appreciate any hints on how to continue.

Sunny greetings,
  Andreas.

--
Dr. Andreas Hilboll

Center for Marine Environmental Sciences (MARUM)
                    - AND -
    Institute of Environmental Physics (IUP)

University of Bremen

NW1 / S3132
Otto-Hahn-Allee 1
D-28359 Bremen