[Wrf-users] Question regarding determine some parameters in namelist.wps

Carlos Ross cf.ross at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 14:21:52 MDT 2016

for questions 1 and 2, yes. You just choose dx and dy depending on what is
your final domain (I usually model 1 km, so the first one is 27km, so I
have 27, 9, 3 and 1 km of resolution), and also depends on what is your
input data (in my case, 0,25 degrees)

The next questions:
1) the input is from the geog folder, for geogrid.
2) you just choose 1 time step.
3) there is no constrain, the default is 27 I think, and then you can
choose any other number of vertical levels and set the levels if you want.
e_we must be the same in wps and input.
4) p_top should be less than the top level in your meteorological input.
the default 5000 is 50 mb for example.

You should try the domain wizard to set up your model, it's easier for
choose the domains http://esrl.noaa.gov/gsd/wrfportal/DomainWizard.html