[Wrf-users] NCEP FNL (ds083.2)

mmkamal at uwaterloo.ca mmkamal at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Aug 29 11:00:50 MDT 2016

Hi Julio,

Once the metgrid steps is done, you can look how many metgrid_levels
is available in metgrid file (e.g., met_em_d01.nc). You have to set
"num_metgrid_levels" based on your processed metgrid file (e.g.,
met_em_d01.nc).

Talking about continuous WRF run, the ungrib steps will interpolate
equally spaced input file (i.e., 3-hourly, 6-hourly) depending on
"starting time" and "interval_second" set in your namelist.wps file.

I hope it helps.

Thanks
Kamal