[Wrf-users] Wrf-users Digest, Vol 141, Issue 14

sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com
Fri Aug 19 10:04:07 MDT 2016

Hi Juliet,

It looks like you need to put the server address inside quotation marks, e.g

    server = ECMWFDataServer("http://apps.ecmwf.int/datasets/data/interim-full-daily/levtype=pl/batch/290323/")

The syntax error you are seeing  is because python is trying to interpret the server address as a statement, with divisions and equal signs etc.  In the past I have managed to get ERA interim using the python client, but I haven't done this for some time.

Sam.

Sam Hawkins
Senior Research Engineer
Vattenfall Wind Power Ltd
sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com<mailto:sam.hawkins at vattenfall.com>
+44 (0)7966 691026

We have recently changed the registered offices of a number of our companies. The following are now registered at 1 Tudor Street, London, EC4Y 0AH:
Vattenfall Wind Power Ltd, Border Wind Ltd, Border Wind Farms Ltd, BW Ops Ltd, Clashindarroch Wind Farm Ltd,  Eclipse Energy UK Ltd,
Eclipse Energy Company Ltd, Kentish Flats Ltd, Ormonde Energy Ltd, Ormonde Energy Holdings Ltd, Ormonde Project Company Ltd, Thanet Offshore