[Wrf-users] Fwd: Metgrid error, variable redefining number of metgrid levels

Ryan Connelly rconne01 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 12:28:51 MDT 2016

Hi,

Upon running metgrid, I encounter the following error:

WRF_DEBUG: Warning DIM            4, NAME num_metgrid_levels REDEFINED  by
var
 QNI           50          51 in wrf_io.F90 line        2588
ERROR: Error in ext_pkg_write_field

I'm using the RAP for initialization and I'm pretty sure I have the correct
Vtable (hybrid) and METRGID.TBL.ARW.rap.  I've tried setting
num_metgrid_levels to 50 and 51, and get the same error either way.
Earlier it was RH that was the variable in question, so I removed both
instances of RH (2 m and full grid) from the Vtable, per a suggestion on
one of the WRF help forums, but now it just picks a different variable to
error on.

Thanks,
Ryan

--
Ryan Connelly
M.S. Student in Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University
rconne01 at gmail.com
ryan.connelly at stonybrook.edu