[Wrf-users] changing land use category from 24 to 33

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 01:58:42 MDT 2016

Hi

I think WRF is capable of utilizing land use in either 24 category USGS
format or 20 category MODIS format. If you think your land use dataset is
older, you can use your more recent land use and rearrange them into 24
category or 20 category and supply it tricking the model as if they're USGS
or MODIS data. But to the best of my knowledge, WRF cannot utilize extra
land use categories.

bests,

Tabish

Tabish U Ansari
PhD student, Lancaster Environment Center
Lancaster Univeristy
Bailrigg, Lancaster,
LA1 4YW, United Kingdom