[Wrf-users] ETA levels and WRF surface winds performance

Julio Castro jcastro at gac.cl
Wed Jun 22 07:18:57 MDT 2016

Dear Users and Colleagues,

Does anyone have good empirical experience playing with WRF ETA levels?

Can you get better performance of the model in surface winds using high
density ETA levels at lower levels against using the ETA levels default
option? (Leaving aside that you probably need a smaller time step)

I'm asking because in one case for my surprise using the ETA levels default
option was the better option by far. But I tested this only for one specific
case.

Kind Regards

Julio Castro M.

Ingeniero Civil, MSc., PhD.

Jefe del Área de Modelación y Calidad del Aire

cid:83969B68-5B60-49B4-AE8A-CFDE16B1D669

Padre Mariano 103, Of. 307
Providencia, Santiago
Fono: +56 2 27195 610
Fax: +56 2 22351 100