[Wrf-users] How wrf processes nests

David Smith dsmith at uvi.edu
Wed Jun 8 13:55:43 MDT 2016

Hi,

  I am running wrf using mpirun on a 10 node cluster with 12 processors each - 120 total.  I have two fine nests (0.333 km) within a 1.0 km coarser nest.  I am trying to make a judicious choice for the dimensions of the fine nests, to minimize runtime.  (Making one fine nest would double the area.)  Will wrf run the two fine grids sequentially or simultaneously?  I would think this info would be in the users guide, but I'm not finding it.  Thanks!

Dave Smith

Dr. David J Smith
College of Science and Mathematics
University of the Virgin Islands