[Wrf-users] Running Nested domain dont produce Rainc and RainnC

afwande juliet afwandej965 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 05:03:18 MDT 2016

 Dear All
I am running WRF using ERAinterim data for nested domain.
geogrid.exe.ungrib.exe,metgrid.exe all works Ok.Rememeber for Metgrid and
Real programes, for domain 2, i only set first time step for
inittailaization as explianed here(
http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/CASES/NestRuns/ndown1-3.htm)
I run real.exe  mpirun -host gom04,gom05 -np 32./real.exe

I get files *wrfinput_d01* , *wrfinput_d02* , and a *wrfbdy_d01* files.
and then run wrf.exe, mpirun -host gom04,gom05 -np 32 ./wrf.exe
the model runs successfully for any time step but dont produce rainc,rainnc
BUT other variables are outputted both for do1 and do2.

When I try to run ndown programe by following this documantation
http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Class/cases/ndown4.htm

mpirun -host gom04,gom05 -np 32./ndown.exe

i get the following Errors

ndown_em: calling set_scalar_indices_from_config
  ndown_em: calling init_wrfio
  module_io.F: in wrf_ioinit
  Entering ext_gr1_ioinit
ls: cannot access wrfout*d01*: No such file or directory
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:      74
need_wrfout_input_data

I dont understand why this happens. Can someone help me figure out this

Attached is my namelist.input

Is it a must you have to run ndown.exe programme.