[Wrf-users] Temp Advection in NCL, computation of gradients a problem

Saji Hameed saji at u-aizu.ac.jp
Thu Apr 21 17:47:39 MDT 2016

Hi Ryan,

You can try downloading the libraries that compute horizontal gradients
from http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/~shea/contributed.ncl_beta_640

I don't know what kind of grid your data is on - perhaps you may have to
regrid it to a regular grid.

As for the plotting, maybe you should try RasterFill first.  It may help to
smooth the data a bit before calculating the gradients (or remove any
potential
discontinuities in the original field).

For the calculation of advection, you should multiply with -1.0 to get the
right sign.

saji

Saji N Hameed,
Environmental Informatics,
University of Aizu, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi,
Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima 965-8580,
Japan

Tel: +81242 37-2736
Fax:+81242 37-2760