[Wrf-users] Issue in the boundary sponge zone, due to terrain elevation difference?

xiaoming Hu yuanfangcan at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:19:42 MDT 2016

Hello
  My wrf simulation driven by NARR shows large difference from the driving NARR data at the boundary over the Mountain region.
See the difference of geopotential height and wind between my WRF simulation and NARR  (WRF-NARR, this is 3-month average)
You can notice the bule area near the lower boundary where mountain locates.
Theoretically the simulation at the boundary should be very similar to the driving NARR data.
Is this due to the terrain elevation difference between WRF and NARR?    or there is some issue with boundary nudge? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks a lot!Xiaoming