[Wrf-users] Recording WRF output in a single file

Jose Augusto Paixão Veiga veiga.uea at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:16:04 MDT 2016

Dear all,

I would appreciate if someone tell me how to "force" wrf to record it
output file in a one single file.

All my runs (for 42 hours
​ and 3 domains​
) produce two output files
​ for each domain:
 wrfout_d03_2013-09-29_12:00:00
wrfout_d03_2013-09-30_12:00:00

​Is it possible to produce just one file with all times inside? Like
wrfout_d03_2013-09-29_12:00:00.

I am using the following commands in *&time_control* in my namelist

 history_interval                    = 180,60,60,

 history_outname                     = 'wrfout_d<domain>_<date>'

 frames_per_outfile                  = 8,24,24,

Any help will be very welcomed.

​Thanks​

José Augusto P. Veiga
CREA n.: 24161

Universidade do Estado do Amazonas
Departamento de Meteorologia
Escola Superior de Tecnologia (EST)
Av. Darcy Vargas, 1200, Manaus-AM Brasil
Work phone:    (92) 3878 4317, Ramal 4317
Skype: veiga_j.a.p.
CV: http://lattes.cnpq.br/4027612512091565