[Wrf-users] Runtime error in obsgrid

Saimy Davis saimy2104 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 23:18:58 MDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to use the OBSGRID program for improving the initial condition
provided to WRF. I have a couple of questions regarding the procedure:

1.  Is it necessary to compile plotsgrid.exe and sounding.exe to
successfully run obsgrid?

2. I have compiled obsgrid.exe alone and have to prepare the data for the
same. For input data I have downloaded from the RDA site
http://rda.ucar.edu/datasets/ds351.0/ and using the program specified in
the manual http://rda.ucar.edu/datasets/ds351.0/software/ I am trying to
compile it into one observation file. When extracted all the files are text
files and when trying to combine them into one file I get the following
error.

ce13s029 at c1hn1:~/bufr_decode_ADPupa_littler/exe> ./runob2lit_imd_obs.x
files.txt 2005111000

At line 163 of file ../src/runob2lit_imd_obs.f (unit = 114, file =
'GDAS.ADPUPA.2005111000.txt')
Fortran runtime error: Bad value during floating point read

Is this because the data format is not the one required by the executable?
Kindly give some suggestions on how to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Saimy Davis
MS student
EWRE Division