[Wrf-users] writing CCSM3 output to intermediate file format

Ben Stephens benstephens at utexas.edu
Fri Mar 11 10:43:45 MST 2016

Hi all,

I would like to use some output from a CCSM3 run and write it into the intermediate file format compatible with WRF.  I have found a sample code block here,

http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Basics/IM_files/sample.f90 <http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Basics/IM_files/sample.f90>,

but I still need to write my own block of code to read in the relevant information.  My output files are .nc format, and as a beginner I am not really sure where to start with this.  Does anyone have any advice on how to get going, or any examples of “reading” code that might be relevant to this?

Thanks very much,
Ben