[Wrf-users] NCL plot domains

Thomas Kloetzke t.kloetzke at uq.edu.au
Sun Mar 6 16:43:04 MST 2016

Hi Peng,

in addition what Matt mentioned, you have to modify the namelist.wps, because the plotgrids_new.ncl just reads this file.
In particular, you have to set max_dom = 3 and add a third column for parent_id, parent_grid_ratio, i_parent_start, j_parent_start, e_we, e_sn and geog_data_res. Play a bit around with those numbers and you’ll find your desired configuration.

In the WPS directory run ‘ ncl util/plotgrids_new.ncl ‘ (assuming your version is 6.3.0) to check your results.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Thomas