[Wrf-users] WRF TSK simulation

Peng Fu fupenghzau at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:34:06 MST 2016

Hello,

I am using the WRF 3.7 to simulate land surface temperature (TSK) with different land use datasets. The first figure below shows the MODIS land surface temperature (1 km), and the second one below shows the TSK simulated (1 km) by using the NLCD_2011_9s.

Could anyone provide me some possible reasons that why my simulation is so different from the MODIS data? Basically, the temperature pattern simulated from WRF is so different from the MODIS one. I used three one-way nested domains (by running ndown.exe). I also attached the namelist.input here.

Thanks!

-Peng Fu

(A) MODIS LST data

(B) TSK simulated from WRF