[Wrf-users] Calculating surface visibility from wrfout file

Sundar J wrf.guy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 22:27:18 MST 2016

As the subject suggest, is there any formula exist for calculating surface
visibility? I have seen some of the weather sites which shows the
visibility plots (mostly from GFS as input data). Is there any way that to
plot the surface visiblity parameter using parameters from wrfout file?

I have read some of the some of the scientific paper which indicates none
of the models has visibility as one of the output parameter. Why does it so?

Regards