[Wrf-users] I need a help in WPS ./geogrid.exe

mmkamal at uwaterloo.ca mmkamal at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Feb 10 14:38:14 MST 2016

Hi Yazeed,

There should be a file called "index" in your directory
"/glade/p/work/wrfhelp/WPS_GEOG/topo_30s/". In that file you should
see the following descriptions:

===========================
type = continuous
signed = yes
projection = regular_ll
dx = 0.00833333
dy = 0.00833333
known_x = 1.0
known_y = 1.0
known_lat = -89.99583
known_lon = -179.99583
wordsize = 2
tile_x = 1200
tile_y = 1200
tile_z = 1
tile_bdr=3
units="meters MSL"
description="Topography height"

The error message is telling you that it failed to identify a file
with name "index". If the index file is not there then the possibility
is that you have not downloaded your "geog" data properly. So, my
suggestion is to look at the index file in the aforementioned
directory. But, I would suggest you to download the "geog" data again
and set the new data path in your "namelist.wps" file inside the WPS
directory.

I hope it will solve your current problem.

Thanks
Mostofa Kamal
PhD Candidate
Earth and Environmental Sciences