[Wrf-users] negative values when i plot rainfall output

mmkamal at uwaterloo.ca mmkamal at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 9 22:13:33 MST 2016

Hi Juliet,

I do not know which language you are using to process WRF output. I am
using NCL to process my WRF output. In NCL, you can use the following
command to remove any negative values of both convective and non
convective precipitation.

======================================
;-----> read in data

     f1  = addfile ("/home/wrfout_d01_2000-01-01.nc","r")   ; location
of your WRF history file

     rain_conv       =  f1->RAINC(:,:,:)
     rain_non_conv   =  f1->RAINNC(:,:,:)

     x1   = rain_conv  > 0.0            ; consider only values greater
than zero
     y1   = rain_non_conv > 0.0

     total_rainfall = x1+y1

I hope this helps.