[Wrf-users] Error with Kain-Fritsch and WRF Chem

Richard Newton richard.newton-6 at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Sun Jan 17 07:45:11 MST 2016

Hello all,

When running WRF with the attached namelist, the program gives an error:
"FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 322
ERROR: chem_conv_tr=1 requires cu_diag=1"

I have set both chem_conv_tr=1 and cu_diag=1 for both domains used, so I'm not sure why this error occurs. Moreover, if I set cu_physics to 5 (Grell 3D) instead of 1 (Kain-Fritsch), the model works perfectly fine.

Why is the Kain-Fritsch causing the error and Grell 3D not? Does the Kain-Fritsch require other settings to be used?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard Newton
PhD Student
School of Earth, Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences
University of Manchester