[Wrf-users] Info for abroad-studies

HEDDE Thierry 137147 thierry.hedde at cea.fr
Wed Dec 9 00:18:59 MST 2015

Hi Giacomo,

That's really nice to know already what you want to do. If you're motivated as you seem to be, you will succeed!
If you want to work in the meteorology field, you may study 2 years and become a technician either on instruments, electronics, computer science or you can study mathematics, physics and computer science and you will start meteorology later on and you will become an engineer or a researcher.
Meteorology is never the first subject you will study, it will come as an application of more general studies.

If you enter a university in Italia you may go abroad one year using the Erasmus exchange system in Europe.
Anyway if ever you're looking for a compulsory (from university) trainee period in France (within 2 or 5 years!), you may write to me. I'm working on atmospheric dispersion.
USA may be really expensive except if you use an exchange agreement  with an Italian university : you will have to talk with the people (teachers...) at your university.

Cheers
Thierry HEDDE
[Description : cid:image001.png at 01CD508D.94A56310]

Laboratoire de Modélisation des Transferts dans l'Environnement<http://www-cadarache.cea.fr/fr/activites/fission/dtn/Plateformes/Environnement/Plateforme_environnement.php>
CEA/Cadarache
SIRET : 775 685 019 00587
Bât 727 P102