[Wrf-users] model continues to run but with large cfl values exceeded from the first timestep

afwande juliet afwandej965 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 21:38:57 MST 2015

Dear All Users
Did someone find anything to my ealier post?
The model used to run well with timestep between 6*dx and 4*dx
but now all of a sudden when I run same timestep, the cfl violations begins
immediately.
The cfl  doesn't manifest at timestep below 3*dx.
I find running 1 year simulation at that timestep very slow and model will
take many days to finish. Does someone have an Idea
I tried to implement some information here Q10 which hasnt solved my
problem http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/FAQ_files/FAQ_wrf_runtime.html