[Wrf-users] WRF files in VAPOR - Necessary fields

Richard Newton richard.newton-6 at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Thu Nov 26 11:02:38 MST 2015

Hello,

I have large netCDF files, which I want to download to my local machine and run through VAPOR. My idea is to use NCO to cut down the netCDF files to only include the variables that are necessary for my plots. However, if I do that, I get error messages such as "XLAT missing", "Can't compute ELEVATION variable", suggesting necessary variables are missing.

What are the variables that are required in a netCDF file to allow VAPOR to use it without throwing errors?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard Newton
PhD Student
School of Earth, Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences
University of Manchester