[Wrf-users] Real.exe error not enough info for a p sfc computation

afwande juliet afwandej965 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 23:56:52 MST 2015

Dear users, I am running Wrf with ERA -interim. I downloaded pressure,
surface and Invariant files  and SST from NCEP2 OISST. All the geogrid,
ungrib and metgrid were successful.
When I run real.xe  programme for 6 years(1997-2002), the model stops at
the end of 1999.12.31.18 third year with the info below. When I run
for 4yrs, the model stops at same time 1999.12.31.18. But when I run 3years
exactly including the year 1999,, it goes through successfully. I have
tried to set

sfcp_to_sfcp = .true.,

use_surface = .true.,
all not working. So I am tentatively  runing wrf upto where the real.exe
stops.

Missing surface RH, replaced with closest level, use_surface set to false.

Missing surface u wind, replaced with closest level, use_surface set to
false.

Missing surface v wind, replaced with closest level, use_surface set to
false.

ERROR in psfc: flag_psfc = 0, flag_soilhgt = 1, flag_slp = 0, sfcp_to_sfcp
= T

FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 1220

not enough info for a p sfc computation

aborting job:
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

Could some have idea why this happens only for beyond 3years. Attached is
my namelist.input