[Wrf-users] Installation of HDF5 and netCDF in Ubuntu OS

Kudsy, M mkudsy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:34:58 MST 2015

I think Ubuntu has the package, netcdf-fortran and netcdf-fortran-devel.
Regards
Mahally

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Dominikus Heinzeller <climbfuji at ymail.com>
wrote:

> [image: Boxbe] <https://www.boxbe.com/overview> This message is eligible
> for Automatic Cleanup! (climbfuji at ymail.com) Add cleanup rule
> <https://www.boxbe.com/popup?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boxbe.com%2Fcleanup%3Ftoken%3DKbletEAkBTI7LTX07zc%252BDxkYFwX94sweO5s50QQl0YJBh9jg1%252Bf%252BioInzbXezpN9BSYlXo1UkGGCs%252BIhZIvG80%252FYGanKHWA0wnh4c75RsUEHyhHW7nHmEo8taGFZF2iTpZZ5X9T8spw%253D%26key%3DzEIc88%252BY2yLoRiVruadi4hHBnFgoCw%252F3Xt7JxkPhcCI%253D&tc_serial=23282286131&tc_rand=1796336779&utm_source=stf&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ANNO_CLEANUP_ADD&utm_content=001>
> | More info
> <http://blog.boxbe.com/general/boxbe-automatic-cleanup?tc_serial=23282286131&tc_rand=1796336779&utm_source=stf&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ANNO_CLEANUP_ADD&utm_content=001>
>
> Hello Mikhail,
>
> The netcdf distribution no longer contains the fortran libraries (and
> include files). After installing netcdf-4.3.3.1 as you did, you need to
> download netcdf-fortran (currently 4.4.2) from the unidata website and
> install it to the same location (similar procedure using configure, make,
> make check, make install). Afterwards, you should run nf-config --all to
> check that everything was installed correctly.
>
> Cheers
>
> Dom/
>
> On 12/11/2015, at 5:52 PM, Mikhail Titov <titovm at mail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear WRF users,
>
> I have Ubuntu OS, Bourne Shell, GNU gcc-4.8.4 with gfortran at my computer.
> I tried to build netCDF with classic library only (netCDF-3) from netCDF-4
> source.
> So I downloaded "netcdf-4.3.3.1.zip" and unziped it and moved in
> 'netcdf-4.3.3.1' directory.
> I used:
> =====================================
> ./configure --prefix=/home/user_pc/NCDF --disable-netcdf-4
> make
> sudo make install
> make check
> =====================================
> *It seems like netCDF building was OK*
> +-------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Congratulations! You have successfully installed netCDF!    |
> |                                                             |
> | You can use script "nc-config" to find out the relevant     |
> | compiler options to build your application. Enter           |
> |                                                             |
> |     nc-config --help                                        |
> |                                                             |
> | for additional information.                                 |
> | CAUTION:                                                    |
> | If you have not already run "make check", then we strongly  |
> | recommend you do so. It does not take very long.            |
> [...]

Dr.Mahally Kudsy
Weather Modification Technology Center
Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology
Jln MH Thamrin 8, Jakarta, Indonesia
Telp:62-21-3168830 Fax:62-21-3906225 mkudsy at gmail.com