[Wrf-users] GFS file size problem

David Smith dsmith at uvi.edu
Mon Oct 26 10:42:42 MDT 2015

I ran into this problem even with the 0.5 data.  I was able to get around it using mget rather than wget or curl.  I have a bash script that generates filenames for all need and then I make a simple call

mget $gribfile1 $gribfile2 $gribfile3 $gribfile4 $gribfile5 $gribfile6 $gribfile

7 $gribfile8 $gribfile9 $gribfile10 $gribfile11 $gribfile12 $gribfile13 $gribfil

e14 $gribfile15 $gribfile16 $gribfile17

  I've never been able to find out why wget and curl don't reliably work, but mget seems to always work - error recovery perhaps.  Good luck.

Dave

Dr. David J Smith
College of Science and Mathematics
University of the Virgin Islands