[Wrf-users] PLEASE HELP! too much rain over slope terrain

giacomo tricarico mino-98 at hotmail.it
Sat Oct 17 09:02:29 MDT 2015

Hi, I have a problem with WRF-NMM: in daytime, unrealistic (not happening) rain is nearly always forecasted over certain zones, mostly over mountains.Look at the bottom of these pictures, almost every day rain (even heavy!) is forecasted, but it does NOT fall though.http://www.meteoacquaviva.it/wrf/molise/Vento10m06_d01_GrADS_P.gifhttp://www.meteoacquaviva.it/wrf/molise/Sfcmap06_d01_GrADS_P.gif
Resolution is 2km, and naturally no cumulus scheme is used!Here is my namelist.input:[code]&domains                 time_step                = 5,time_step_fract_num      = 0,time_step_fract_den      = 10,max_dom                  = 1,e_we                     = 42,e_sn                     = 66,e_vert                   = 40,num_metgrid_levels       = 27,dx                       = 0.013,dy                       = 0.013,p_top_requested          = 1000,ptsgm                    = 42000.,grid_id                  = 1,parent_id                = 1,i_parent_start           = 1,j_parent_start           = 1,parent_grid_ratio        = 1,parent_time_step_ratio   = 1,/
&physics                 mp_physics               = 5,ra_lw_physics            = 99,ra_sw_physics            = 99,nrads                    = 360,nradl                    = 360,co2tf                    = 0,sf_sfclay_physics        = 2,sf_surface_physics       = 2,bl_pbl_physics           = 2,nphs                     = 12,cu_physics               = 0,ncnvc                    = 12,tprec                    = 3,theat                    = 3,tclod                    = 3,trdsw                    = 3,trdlw                    = 3,tsrfc                    = 3,pcpflg                   = .false.,isfflx                   = 0,ifsnow                   = 0,icloud                   = 0,num_soil_layers          = 4,mp_zero_out              = 0,gwd_opt                  = 0,/
&dynamics                euler_adv                = .true.,idtadt                   = 1,idtadc                   = 1,/[/code]
What could I try?Thanks,Giacomo